Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Beginning

Yes, I am sure many of you are thinking, "Great, another blog..." and "how is this one going to be any different than all the others?"  My answers will not only be in the following paragraphs but you may want to stick around and find out for yourself.  First, what is the main reason to create this blog and why is it called RJ45?  The reason I wanted to create this blog was to provide information that I research, and find interesting, to others that may not have the time to do so.  Besides, I am very curious and would like to promote that disposition. Do you think we would have gotten this far as "humans" if we were not curious?  Now, to answer the second portion of that question... You could read the definition of RJ45 here.  My significant other (SO for short) came up with the name. I wanted the title to have something to do with others "plugging in" here to get information.  Thus, the name was born.  Another bit of info: I am new at this blogging thing, which is the reason there are no decorations.  All in time...

And now, the descriptions:

Weekly posts:
   Crafty Carrier - In this post I will be talking about different projects I take on.  For example, I am currently knitting a scarf for myself.  This post will contain my opinions on the project and some pictures.  I may also add some history so you can have an idea of where it all began.

   War Paint - This will be a section for pictures and desciptions of different things I have tried with my hair, make-up, nails, the tools I used, tricks, and/or tips I have learned in the process.  Also, I will post links to blogs or websites of where I learned the details.

   Healthy Habits - This section contains general information on food, exercise, and nutrition.  I'm not a doctor, but I will try to obtain the latest and most accurate scientific information I can find. Stuff on this page should apply to most people in normal situations, and won't contain any pseudo-scientific, homeopathic, or untested medical claims. If you have a medical condition, please ask your doctor before doing anything drastic to your diet or lifestyle.

   Those Crazy  Hormones - This post is the main idea for my blog. I will pick a specific hormone, do a bit of research on it, and try to translate it in layman's terms. I wanted to do it this way because I didn't learn important information about my body while I was growing up. My goal is to make it understandable for younger people so they can make educated and logical decisions in life without (totally) being under the mercy of their hormones. Still working on this myself...

Monthly posts: 
   Open Scrapbook - Basically, this post will be pictures that I think are really neat and would like to share.  Sometimes, I may post a link to my photobucket account (I plan on switching to flickr soon).  This post is really just a test.  If you like looking through an online photo book then I may not continue this post.

   Shop Wreck - The first post will contain the story of how I came up with the name for this section. Its theme will be about an "outfit" that I may wear during the week or to a special occasion, whatever the case may be.  I do not know much about fashion (if anything) so this is just a "hey, look what I am wearing".

   Hearts for Me - Essentially, I will be piling a lot of links to articles, pictures, or blogs that I find interesting or fun.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

No comments:

Post a Comment